Thursday, March 31, 2011

The Chatty Twins, $319 Million Mega Lottery Winners and Sweet Valley High

Rafiki: Did you see this video of the twins that was making the rounds today?

Red Jade: Are you talking about the twins chatting with each other? Hilarious! What could they be saying?

Rafiki: All day, I have been wondering what they were saying. The most fascinating thing was how they each took a turn to say something and how the other responded. It was definitely something really funny because they were both so tickled.

Red Jade: Too funny! At first it seemed like Twin 2 (next to the stove) did not understand Twin 1 who I assume is his brother (are they boys or girls?). Twin no 2 looked a bit clueless and Twin 1 was trying really hard to get his point across. Finally Twin 2 burst out laughing.

Rafiki: They were really cute. They looked like two boys but you never know since all they were wearing was diapers. They were absolutely adorable. Did you hear about the 7 coworkers who won the 319 million jackpot? It left me wondering if I should start playing the lottery. $2.00 per person does not seem that bad for a 19 million dollar return!

Red Jade: Yes, I did! Holy Molly! I believe none of them has been back to the office since they won. I would quit too if I won the lottery-but I guess I should start playing first. The group has been playing for a number of years.

Rafiki: My twisted mind thought that any IT people that are looking for jobs should consider Albany, New York.

Red Jade: Great idea! The "Albany 7" are not going back to their jobs. Who gave them that name? Sounds like a crime gang. Anyway, they also made a very public appearance while collecting their money. I am sure there are all kinds of people who have turned up claiming to be long lost relatives. If I won, I would not say a word to anyone. Then I would take the money, pay for a cruise around the world, bank the rest and take off for a year to think about what to do with the $$$.

Rafiki: I always think I would not say anything to anyone either and I would not want to spend the money immediately. I have seen a documentary on lottery winners and how their lives change after that and some of them really struggle with people that spring up.

Red Jade: Let's hope that does not happen to the "Albany 7". What else is going on out there in the world?

Rafiki: Sweet Valley High is coming back as an adult book. Did you ever read Sweet Valley High?

Red Jade: What? Who?

Rafiki: Sweet Valley High was a teen book series that many girls read. It was like Hardy boys which I loved. I wish they would bring them back as adults because they were my heroes. Sweet Valley High was more girlie and was about girls in high school.

Red Jade: I don't think I read that series. I was more into Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew. So the girls of Sweet Valley High are all “grown up now”? Where are they? Have you ordered your advance copy?

Rafiki: I was not into Sweet Valley High but I read a few. I guess I just did not identify with the US high school life in my Kenyan boarding school. So no advance copy yet. It will probably be like “90210” and for someone who loves “Housewives of Atlanta”, that is too much drama for me. :)

Red Jade: Ha, ha. Tough choices there. I'll take the twins and leave the drama to you. Check them out one more time . . .


No comments:

Post a Comment