Wednesday, March 16, 2011

What I miss the most!

Watching the devastating effects of the Tsunami this past week made me think about the Japanese who live abroad and what they must be going through trying to find out how their loved ones are doing. I realized that no matter how long you stay in another country, you will always have ties to where you came from. It got me thinking that though I love living in the US there are things I miss about Kenya

  1. The simplicity of life: I think of my grandmother and how peaceful and full her life is and yet she does not have some of the things we cannot do without like cell phones and ipads. 
  2. The sincerity of the people: Many people seek relationships without any alterior motives. They are willing to share whatever they have and give of themselves. I love how my mother and her friends find time to support each other through life. 
  3. Being surrounded by extended family: I especially think that this is important for young families. It is great for the kids to grow up around grandparents and great grandparents. Parenting becomes like a partnership and takes some of the pressure away from the parents. 
  4. The pace of life: Though I love the energy of US and being driven by goals and accomplishments, I miss slowing down and connecting with friends and family and getting to know them in a deeper way.  

What about you? What do you miss the most?

No comments:

Post a Comment