Saturday, April 2, 2011

Did You Get Punked Today? Tax Filing Deadline Extended

Sadly there were no April Fool's pranks at the office today so I had to get my share of laughs from the internet. Did not come across anything really funny.

I did come across a story that the tax filing deadline of April 15th was extended and I thought to myself...how lame, no one is going to believe that one! However it was not an April Fool's Day joke; it's actually true and it was announced by the IRS back in January.

In D.C. , April 15th is a holiday - Emancipation Day. Therefore the deadline to file your taxes has been extended to April 18th. However, some states are still holding to the April 15th deadline for state tax filing, so find out which dates apply to you.

Better yet, forget I mentioned the extension and just do your taxes. Why wait? Do them now and file them before April 15th. I will be working on mine this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment