Saturday, February 26, 2011

Ten things I would do to improve myself

I get such a kick from social interaction. This is largely due to my sanguine-choleric personality which feeds off other people's energy. One of the places I get my best social kick is a group of women I meet with once a month on a Saturday morning. This month we will be discussing what we really want to change and what hinders us. This got me thinking about this post. Though I realize we are all far from perfect, what hinders us from becoming our best selves in every way. Here are the ten things I would do to be a better me.
  1. I would exercise 4 times a week for an hour consistently because I know there are great health benefits to reap as I age
  2. I would call two friends per week to just check in and find out how they are doing
  3. I would read two books a month because I like to learn and grow
  4. I would write my business plan and begin my journey in entrepreneurship
  5. I would create beautiful things and use my creativity more
  6. I would spend less time on mindless TV and invest in something more useful
  7. I would give my husband my undivided attention for at least 30 minutes daily because he deserves it
  8. I would forgive quickly and be more more gracious with others
  9. I would invest in relationships that matter and make sure people I care about know how I feel. 
  10. I would practice my faith more diligently 
What are your ten things and more importantly what stops you from doing these things? Most of us do not like to feel bad about ourselves so we avoid the subject of self improvement altogether. One of my friends says that "sometimes people are more lazy than they are hurting even when their life situations blatantly tell them it is time to change." What we must remember is that when we choose mediocrity, we are inviting an unwanted companion;laziness to come in and dine with us and eventually find a permanent place in our lives. Do not let life pass you by........take action now. 



Cartoon by ocal from Clker.com

1 comment: