Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Annual Evaluations - Do You Know What Your Boss Is Thinking?

It’s that time of the year again, for the dreaded annual evaluations that no one likes and hardly anyone finds worthwhile. Our evaluations were due last week and of course everyone missed the deadline, prompting all kinds of threats from HR if evaluations are not submitted by the end of this week. Consequently, we are all scrambling to get them done in the next couple of days and my evaluation meeting with my boss is tomorrow. Sigh.

And yet here I am at 11:30pm, surfing the net (my preferred method of procrastination) instead of working on my appraisal and mentally preparing myself for tomorrow. But sometimes procrastination does pay - I found this article “10 Things Your Boss Won’t Tell You”. Looks like tomorrow, I need to pay special attention to Boss Rule No. 8, “We appreciate positive feedback, too”.

No comments:

Post a Comment