Monday, February 28, 2011

And The Oscar Goes to........

I enjoy watching a good story on film and think it is a very important outlet. Without film, so many stories that connect us would be untold. That is why I enjoy watching the Oscars. I love getting to see all the people that work to make movies a reality.

 My all time favorite Oscar moment is when Halle Berry won the gold statue. I loved that she was so genuinely surprised and so moved. The highlights of the show for me are the acceptance speeches and all the people looking stunning in their beautiful gowns. Here are my top quotes and moments from the 2011 Academy Awards.
  • #6. I loved Kirk Douglas...he has such presence. I loved how he kept delaying opening the envelope for best supporting actress. Go Kirk!
  • #5. "I have a feeling my career just peaked." Colin Firth: Best Actor for The King's speech
  • #4. "Someone who is talented has no business being nice but he is....." Aaron Sorkin; Winner best Best adapted screenplay for the Social Network
  • #3. "My father always said to me I would be a late bloomer. I believe I am the oldest person to win this award and I hope this record is broken and often. "David Seidler; Winner Best original screenplay for the King's speech
  • #2. "To my wonderful wife who is my mast in the midst of the storm and my little girl who has taught me more than I will ever be able to teach her." Christian Bale; Winner Best Supporting actor for The Fighter
  • #1. "To my daughter Find something that you really love doing and good things will happen." Kirk Baxter; Winner Best film editing for The Social Network

Here is a video of one of the most memorable acceptance speeches in Oscar history.


What were the most memorable Oscar moments for you this year?

1 comment:

  1. Very moving speech . . . Actually missed the Oscars but my best moments are usually the red carpet arrivals. Love seeing the stars looking like stars.

    ReplyDelete