Monday, April 4, 2011

March Madness-Are you a fan?

When I first came to the states I always thought that people were over the top with sports. I have come a long way since then and could almost call myself a sports fan. It took me a long time to understand the March madness phenomena. It is the NCAA college basketball series where colleges compete for the top spot. The tournament dates back to 1939 and has 68 teams competing over a three week period for the ultimate crown and  bragging rights.

I am still not a die hard fan of any college basketball team especially because none of the schools I went to had a strong basketball team and I am yet to attempt participating in any March Madness brackets. Incidentally of the 300,000 people that participated in this years yahoo March Madness brackets, only one person picked the four finalists.

This year I got a little attached to the stories of the upsets in all four regions. It was great to see VCU and Butler in the final four. I love the Butler mascot and the energy of the VCU team. It was tough watching the two teams battle it out this Saturday and I was a little disappointed when VCU lost. It would have been amazing if such an unlikely team won. The week.com called VCU the biggest cinderella story in March Madness history and I am a sucker for cinderella stories.

However I am rooting for the Bulldogs in today's game. Who can say no to such a cute dog and such a great story. Go Bulldogs!!


No comments:

Post a Comment