Saturday, January 8, 2011

A Word from Socrates

friend posted this quote on Facebook and it got me thinking........

Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings, so that you shall gain easily what others have labored hard for.
Socrates
It got me thinking about the years I have spent in the US and everything I have learnt. I do wish that I had read other men’s writings about what to expect and how to adjust because it would have saved me many days of laboring and trying to figure things out on my own. We hope you have enjoyed reading this blog this week. We will bring you a collection of lessons and thoughts from various sources that may save you from some days of laboring and not having to learn every lesson through experience. We will bring you profiles of people who are willing to share how they achieved success in different areas. We hope you find a nugget or two on practical living in a different culture. We also look forward to you sharing your experiences with us. Enjoy the conversation!

No comments:

Post a Comment