Monday, January 10, 2011

Passion

I am sitting in my living room watching Larry King. His interview is based on a new movie called Conviction. The story surrounds a woman who went to law school to fight for her brother's freedom. It brings me back to something I think about very often.... Passion.

The word has become a buzzword for our times and I am not sure if I know what it really means. Whatever it means, I know that I need it. I think we all need it. We all need something to live for and having something to live for can change our whole life. I came from a culture where people do the right things and do what they need to do. I think as important as that is, we all need to spend some time thinking about what really sparks something in us and why?

I look back at my life in the US and I see how much it would have helped me to have really considered my passion instead of just going after what I had already been exposed to or what would make me money. Over the next couple of weeks I will interview some of my friends who love what they do and feel that they have something to live for and others who make a lot of money yet feel like they are dying inside. It is possible to have both so keep reading.

Check out this article to help you take the first step to picking your college major.

No comments:

Post a Comment