Thursday, July 21, 2011

Living the Dream: Meet Leonard Mudachi, the brain behind Blanco's Holdings

Leonard Mudachi is the brainchild behind Blanco’s Holdings Limited. He is a passionate, driven and innovative hospitality professional. He started his career as a Management Trainee at the Hyatt Regency Downtown in Houston Texas. He has held various positions in the restaurant industry in kenya since then. 


He has since developed three restaurant concepts in Nairobi, Kenya; Blanco’s Lounge & Grill, an African fusion restaurant concept, The T-spot, Kenya’s first branded tea house & Blanco’s Sports Grill Ltd, the premier sports viewing entertainment restaurant in East & Central Africa. Having studied and worked in three continents, Leonard continues to combine his overseas experience with local knowledge and innovation to continuously create new and exciting hospitality ventures. You can read his complete bio on http://www.blancos.co.ke/management.php. We recently interviewed Leonard Mudachi and this is what he had to say. 

What attracted you to the culinary world? 
"As much as I enjoy the culinary world, I would say that I was more attracted to the Hospitality World. I loved parties when I was a kid…the organization, the anticipation, the cooking, the serving, the merry making"
Who is your inspiration for Blanco's? 
"I draw entrepreneurial inspiration predominantly from my Dad and host of other older mentors. In the restaurant industry my inspiration stems from a wide variety of restaurants I have visited around the globe."
How did you get started? 
"I started by pitching my concept to several potential investors, mainly people who had taken an interest in my career since my return back home. Investors ended up being family, friends and close relatives.  Once I had secured the capital and the first location at Timau Plaza we began renovations. We opened shop on Dec 21 2006."
What has helped you the most on your journey? 
"A strong support network of friends and family and unwavering & commitment for what I love doing."
What inspiration (if any) did you get from living abroad? 
"Exposure to and appreciation of a multi-cultural, multi-faceted restaurant and hospitality industry."
How did you make the decision of going back home? 
"It was always my plan and intention from the onset. I wanted to gain the knowledge and exposure and come and apply it at home. I think Kenya and the rest of the East & Central Africa region hold great potential for those willing to take the risk. It is virgin territory suitable for developing new concepts."
What words of wisdom would you like our readers to keep in mind? 
"Thirst for Knowledge but ultimately trust your instincts."



No comments:

Post a Comment