Monday, June 13, 2011

Overworked? Take Back Your Time!

It seems that we spend more and more of our time working, planning for work, thinking about work . . . work, work, and more work.

Now, I am the first to say that work is good, and I am not trying not to work, in fact I really love working.

However, there are also other things that I would love to be doing and that I need to be doing.

The more I work, the less time and energy that I have to do the other things that really enhance the quality of my life. So I struggle daily with work-life balance.

The good folks behind the campaign “Take Back Your Time” are working really hard to “challenge the epidemic of overwork, over-scheduling and time famine that now threatens our health, our families and relationships, our communities and our environment”.

Their website has a ton of good information regarding policy initiatives and activities in support of this goal.

On a personal level, take time this week to think about the obstacles you face in making time for the things you need and want to do.

Click on this Time Skyscraper poster to remind you of all the important things that we forget about when we work too much.

What you can do about those obstacles? And then see if you can actually make it happen.

Hope you have a balanced week!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous1:46 PM

    I love the poster! what a great reminder!

    ReplyDelete