Monday, November 21, 2011

Public Speaking Tips

I was doing some research to polish my public speaking and I came across Harvey Mackay's website at www.harveymackay.com where he has posted some excellent "tools" on several topics. Harvey Mackay, is a professional speaker and the author of the business bestseller, "Swim with the Sharks".

Mackay's 35 To Stay Alive, includes some interesting speaking tips that I have not heard of before. The one that really struck me was, " Never, never, never end your program with a question and answer session". Why?

His argument is that since you cannot control the Q & A, your presentation/speech/talk can end on a low note and that is not a chance you want to take. Solution?

"Start the Q & A five minutes before the end of your talk, then transition from one of your answers to a real climax".

Wow, that will surely lead to a powerful finish. I would love to see someone present in that fashion. For more Harvey tools, check out www. harveymackay.com.

1 comment:

  1. I appreciate this article for the well-researched content and excellent wording.Johnathan I got so interested in this material that I couldn’t stop reading. Your blog is really impressive.

    ReplyDelete