Saturday, February 11, 2012

Finally, My Goals for 2012

An interesting thing happened once I decided to explore the idea of a life coach. I have experienced a certain burst of clarity about certain things.

For example, it occurred to me that when I do find a coach I need to be ready with a list of issues/areas of concern.

I started working on the list and in doing so I realized that though I had struggled and failed to develop some goals for the New Year it was now very clear to me what goals I wanted to achieve this year.

One is to become a better writer.

The other is to put my affairs in order, as they say.

The first goal needs no explanation. I like to write and would like to spend my waking hours earning my living from writing and so improve I must.

The second goal is fueled by a realization that my life is really disorganized. Yes, I manage to get out of the door every morning and handle the mundane things of daily life but I have not really handled the important decisions in life such as writing a will or a medical directive or figuring out if the insurance policies I have are worth anything or compiling all my health records in one place or . . . I could go on and on.

If by the end of the year I find that I have made substantial progress in these 2 goals then I will feel some sense of accomplishment. One will give my personal satisfaction and the other will give me peace of mind. Two worthy goals indeed.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:40 PM

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:50 AM

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It just makes me remember of my very first goal of the year and shockingly it was my home water heater maintenance that was just started leaking from top.

    Kudos to children that setup a new goal for me.

    ReplyDelete

  4. I discovered your this post while taking a gander at for some related information on blog search...It's a not all that horrendous post..keep posting and invigorate the information. Immune Support

    ReplyDelete